Monday, March 25, 2013

The Farewell

I am shocked/disappointed to inform you I have NO pictures from my farewell. I was far too occupied the whole time to even grab my phone. If I don't take them, no one will. I have ruined my family. So good luck seeing any pictures of them for the next year and a half...

I couldn't sleep on Tuesday night last week. So my mind wandered and started thinking about my talk. I laid awake for about an hour, and planned my whole talk! The next morning I woke up and typed it all up!

Saturday was pretty much insane. We had this job thing for the stake in the morning that my mom and I helped with. The Rabbit Run (Easter family party) right after that. And family pictures right after that. After the family pictures my mom ran to the store for some food and we went to my cousin Michelle's house to practice Karly's song for Sunday. After that we stopped at the store for a few things, and then came home and did a little bit of cleaning. After that we went to dinner at Los Hermanos. We got home at about 9:30 and started cleaning and preparing at 10:00pm. I "polished" my talk (which is how I apparently say things at 1:00 in the morning) in the middle of all of this
We went to bed at 3:00am the next morning. I could not even explain to you what we did, but I was beyond exhausted.
I woke up the next morning convinced it had only been 10minutes since I'd crashed. But it was 7:30 and time to get ready.
I wasn't nervous. I mean, a little bit because I felt like I had to pee and my hands were cold (two things that NEVER happen... ok I pee, but I can hold it for hours) but other than that I was totally relaxed. I had people telling me that I looked so comfortable and that it was really easy to listen to because I acted like I was just talking to a friend. Guess what guys? I was. All my friends and family were there! That's why it wasn't that hard to do.
The spirit was for sure there. I felt like some (not the weird things) of the things I said were not even me talking. I prayed all week, that morning, and all before the meeting, that I would have the spirit to be with me and that others would feel the convincing power of God through the Holy Ghost.
Afterwords was insane. I went outside because I knew that you weren't supposed to keep everyone in the chapel. It didn't work like I thought it would. People still stayed in there! Goodness ;)
We had hawaiian haystacks after at my house. It was insane. Literally there was no room whatsoever in my house. There were way too many people in there! But, like I said, no picture. I loved talking to everyone and seeing people I haven't in a while. I have so many great people in my life I couldn't even name they all to you right now!
Thanks to everyone who has been a great example to my in my life. I couldn't have done this without your love and support and I am eternally grateful for that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment