Monday, September 8, 2014

Week 75 (9/8/14)

The other week we were walking around looking for people to talk to
and we saw this guy on his driveway... As we started teaching him the
restoration My angels are names Nicole. Surprisingly, I remembered my
first name. When I told him that was my name he was very surprised so
I told him he should definitely take it as a sign.

I've been in Florida for 17 months and only been attacked by fire ants
once, and that was my  very first week. I've been bitten more than
once by a couple or just one of those little nasty things but only
attacked once. Until Saturday!!!! Ugh. I always walk through the grass
and have never had a problem, but yeah.... Those things... Let's just
say that combined with my  fire ant bites, blisters, sty in my eye,
and my new manly sore throat voice I'll be coming home looking like a
gem.

Here's the real highlight of my whole entire life- Nathaniel bore his
testimony on Sunday! We had this deal that if I went up than we would
go up :) so I whispered to him that I wanted to go up so he should
come after me. He said- "well, maybe next week". I then explained to
him that there wouldn't be a next week- it was next month, and that I
wasn't going to be there. So he just says-"okay". So I jump up and
then he said his right after mine. It was the best testimony ever! He
told everyone about how his life had changed and how he's a "can of
raid"hahaha. All his friends don't hang around him anymore because
they know he's good and won't tolerate their drinking, smoking, or
language. But he's still the nicest guy ever!

One of our members said- "there isn't a drop of evil in that guy."
Everyone just adores him! I love him so much!! We had a jam session
with him... With hymns. Since he loves music we've been helping him
feel the spirit that way. It's amazing because it's exactly how I feel
the spirit as well :)

I love this work and I love my savior. I know that this is his work
and that this is so important. This really is a war, and it's a fight.
I see it every day. But we will win, so just get on the right side :)

I love you all!

Love, Sister Nicole Calder

P.S. For all my insane BYU fanatic family- yes, I do know BYU's new
football player Harvey Langi... Or as we'd say, Elder Langi. :) I
served with in Naples my first transfer and we had a blast! He's an

awesome guy.







A cute member!




No comments:

Post a Comment